I have a general mental health counseling/psychotherapy practice and work primarily with adults and adolescents in individual, marital, and family therapy. I graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a major in Sociology in 1969. In 1971, I graduated from the LSU School of Social Work with a Master of Social Work Degree and a specialty in Mental Health. My Social Work Internship while in graduate school was with the LSU Medical School Department of Psychiatry in New Orleans. I attended graduate school on full scholarship from the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare and was designated Most Outstanding Student in my social work graduating class. I was given the Lewis Award for Scholastic Achievement in Social Work and was admitted to Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement.
After graduate school, I worked at New Orleans Mental Health Center where I was promoted to Clinical Social Worker IV. In 1978 I left the state mental health system and started a private clinical social work practice in Uptown New Orleans. While building my private practice, I worked part-time for five years for the LSU Medical School Department of Neurology’s “Children’s Center.” I was responsible for working with the parents of children who participated in the Infant Development Program, the Seizure-Disordered Children’s Program, and the Gifted Preschool Program.
Having developed my Uptown private practice with adults and adolescents, I expanded my locations to Chalmette and Metairie, Louisiana. In 1987 I began working as Social Work Consultant to the Fertility Institute of New Orleans and I continue to serve in that capacity today. In 1996 I began a part-time private practice in Mandeville, Louisiana and in June 2013, I closed my South Shore practice and began working full time on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain.
Current and/or Past Certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Louisiana State Board of Social Work>
- Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW) – National Association of Social Work
- National Registry of Health Care Providers in Clinical Social Work
- Qualified School Social Worker – Louisiana State Department of Education
- Diplomat in Clinical Social Work - National Association of Social Workers
- Board Certified Social Worker - National Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Board Certified Diplomat in Clinical Social Work (BCD) - American Board of Examiners in
- Clinical Social Work
- Certified Hypnotherapist (CHt) – International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
Current and/or Past Professional Organizations:
- National Association of Social Workers
- New Orleans Private Practice Unit of National Association of Social Workers
- Louisiana Association of Mental Health
- American Fertility Society
- Resolve, Inc.
- Association for Clinical Social Work Vendorship
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association